[mslee's thoughts] Emergency Couple - Surprisingly Irresistibly Addicting!

File:Emergency Man and Woman-p1.jpg

Episode 9 can't come soon enough for me this weekend and this is a revelation! Last week I found myself looking everywhere for episode 8 with subs and felt frustrated when there was none to be found. The whole day, I was refreshing every streaming sites, waiting magically for the awaited episode to appear. Feeling my excitement dashed away I realized that the drama became addicting for me. I still remember the first time I wrote my impression, Ridiculously Funny Yet Intriguing  .

I never thought I would stick around and find myself eager for weekends to come just to watch this drama. I am the kind of viewer who can let episodes pile up if at first the show is kind of a mess and chaotic just like the characters of Oh Jin Hee and Oh Chang Min. These two gave me moments of insanity and "are you kidding me" scenes that I thought I would let this one sit for awhile and just peek and watch when there's nothing to do.

But surprisingly, the ridiculous scenes were irresistibly addicting! Adding the character of the lovable yet volatile temper of the resident doctor Gook Chun Soo [Lee Pil Mo] I am finding myself confuse on who to root for Oh Jin Hee. Funny that the doctor is charmingly taking my attention each scenes he appeared to. And he has an amazing chemistry with Oh Jin Hee. I feel that they are really making the drama more interesting as the episodes progressed. The scenes with them together are cute, full of sexual tensions yet both are still clueless. I was already hyperventilating with the latest CPR moment when Oh Jin Hee showed how to do first aid with all the interns looking on but adorable doctor cut in and hold her hands as she continuously pumped the chest of the [was it a mannequin? sorry, I'm not a medical expert and finding it lazy to search the right term for it. lol] and together they pressed for what seemed a long time. My gosh! The scene was screaming of sexual tensions between the two! 

Oh Chang Min was getting madder and madder each passing seconds at the sight of the two. I love how he is slowly coming to terms with his feelings for his ex-wife again but like I said, I am now in between and can't decide. Although the drama is pouring with so much cliches' I can tolerate them for the satisfaction it gives me while watching.

The other characters are also becoming endearing. Han Ah Reum can't simply irritate me when there is Jang Dae Il who is sweetly making each scenes lovable with her. The two will somehow connect what's going on between Oh Chang Min and Oh Jin Hee and I think that the realization will not put so much pain in Han Ah Reum's heart. 

The latest addition to the character is the sweetest thing named Gook! The baby is such a darling and he steals the limelight surely whenever he appeared on the screen. I read somewhere in soompi forum that Gook's are handsome, pertaining to the doctor also. Yes, both are a lethal combination when put together on screen.  I wonder what else the writer has in store for me as a viewer. Last night as I watched the 9th episode, I was wearing this grin all through out the entire episode not to add the additional burst of laughter that erupted now and then whenever the scenes were impossibly hilarious.

Yes, Emergency Couple emerged as one of the dramas currently airing that wins my heart. 

-mslee1107 writing-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Ep. 20] When a Man Loves Final Episode Screencaps + Short recap + mslee's Final Thoughts

[mslee's thoughts] Ep. 15 & 16 - Secret Final Review

[mslee's thoughts] The King's Face Episode 23 Final Screen caps and Review