[mslee's thoughts] Joo Sang Wook in Cunning Single Lady

File:Cunning Single Lady-p1.jpg

I know I am supposed to be on hiatus from watching k-dramas and I am still, but I am cheating. Yup! Though I am not watching k-dramas for almost a month now, and just planning on catching up on them later when I have  more time and not feeling stressed out, still this particular drama is one thing I can't resist.

It is Joo Sang Wook! I have been waiting for his lead role again after Good Doctor and thankfully this one is a rom/com so who can resist not watching? And can I just say he is so handsome and lovable in this drama. Although it started a bit boring and looking like Emergency Couple, but I am glad that as the story goes on, the plot is developing and Lee Min Jung's character is also good.

The story of divorced couple who met again and working in the same company. Some may think that the reason of the separation that led to divorce is very shallow and materialistic on the side of the woman, still, this is the reality of what happens in relationship when financial burden put a strain on the couple. I remember my mom always telling me that marriage is not all about love but also about responsibilities and security. She tells me that love flies out of the window when there's no food on the table.

Anyway, there is always two sides to every story and Na Ae Ra seemed to be the one who gave up on her husband when he could no longer support her but I think the problems that led to divorce is both their mistakes. 

Cha Jung Woo is now a successful CEO of a company and Na Ae Ra is one of the employee. Both are tolerating each other's presence but beneath they still feel something towards each other.

Joo Sang Wook is so cute in this drama. Gone are the frowns I usually see in GD and the unsmiling face he sport in most of his dramas I had watched, I love his vulnerable side here and his soft expressions. They are just so endearing. And he smiles a lot here. Guess he can carry a comedic scenes.

Cunning Single Lady is one of the dramas that I wait each week, even on hiatus.:)) Joo Sang Wook is really messing up my vacation from non k-drama at the moment! 

But hoping to really be back for other k-dramas. 

mslee1107 writing


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Ep. 20] When a Man Loves Final Episode Screencaps + Short recap + mslee's Final Thoughts

[mslee's thoughts] Ep. 15 & 16 - Secret Final Review

[mslee's thoughts] The King's Face Episode 23 Final Screen caps and Review