[mslee's thoughts] Catching Up on Prime Minister and I - Romance and Comedy Did Not Disappoint



My only complaint was why did I not pay attention to this drama when it was being promoted with teasers and synopsis out in the net?

Yes, I was too late watching this drama by 7 episodes! Well, last night I really had nothing to do, nothing to watch and some recent dramas I already dropped after a couple of episodes because they were not that interesting for me. And some dramas in my to watch list I already finished. I was contemplating on starting on another drama that just ended last week but decided to take a peek at Prime Minister and I instead. Actually, I have no idea what genre this one is, or what is the story about. I was not interested to  read spoilers, recaps or even google the cast, except that I knew of course that Yoona of SNSD and Lee Beom Soo will play the lead roles. Sorry but although I do listen and watch some Girl's Generation videos, I am not really a fan, more of like among the girl group in k-pop, I think I know all the girls name in the group unlike other girl band. [of course, except f(x) which also belongs to SM company.]


Anyway, back to my watching last night, I was surprised to find the first episode funny and entertaining and Yoona's character is not boring. I think as Nam Da Jung, she is very cute with her outspoken persnality. I love how she is always in troubles but can find her way out of it, well sometimes.


I am loving the humor injected in this drama.

And honestly, this is the first I know of Lee Beom Soo drama although I know I already saw him in others, too. I love the plot, a man with three children, no time to take care of them. A man with a painful past but the story is yet to reveal the entire story of what happened to his previous marriage. The story is kinda predictable after watching episode 1. Da Jung will become his wife in a contract marriage. Both have a situation they can't escape from and marriage is the only possible solution for both for a short time.

Da Jung's father has dementia and his days are numbered. While Kwon Yul as the new Prime Minister was in a scandal with Da Jung and even though there is a way to break it off with her, the President is expecting him to remarry. And so the two married.


The spices of the drama are in the people around them. Yoon Si Yoon playing as Kang In Ho is one of the staff who works for Prime Minister has a secret. He is cooking something against Kwon Yool who is trusting him and has no idea about his background. He is also attracted to Da Jung, the wife. He has a brother who is confined to the hospital and I think that brother had to do with Kwon Yool's  first wife.


Another person who is having her own secret is Seo Hye Joo [Chae Jung An], who has been in love with Kwon Yool since middle school days. She has been a devoted friend and subordinate to him. But there is Park Joon Ki, brother in law of Kwon Yool who has been in love with her since he met her a long time ago before she met Kwon Yool.

The kids are another matter. Man Se the youngest has learned to depend on Nam Da Jung. He rusted her since the first time he met her. While the two have issues with her, being the new step mom. But Da Jung is trying her best to do the role as the wife. Replacing their mother is not her goal but she was misinterpreted by her husband and the kids.

So far, I enjoyed watching 7 episodes. I never noticed the clock ticking until I saw it was already 3:00 am [this morning] when I stopped watching episode 4. Then I resume this afternoon the rest. A bit hanging in the ending scene of episode 7 where Nam Da Jung was running after Kwon Woo Ri [Choi Su Han] and she was almost run down by a truck if not for the sudden appearance of Kwon Yool at her side, avoiding the accident with her. They rolled away from the almost accident with her in his arms on the streets.


I smell romance already. Well, the skinship in this drama are so many and they are all cute. Nam Da Jung always accidentally found herself too close to him or she was holding on to him to the surprise and amusement of the staff and bodyguards. They mistook each skinship as romance.

Tonight, episode 8 was aired but I will watch it tomorrow with sub. Really, I am looking forward to that episode and what other mischief she has done. The drama has caught my taste and I am staying until the ending.


So thankful I watched. A rom/com in it's true meaning.

mslee1107



Comments

  1. Hi, i like the way you write this drama. Yeah, this drama is quite light and predictable but i like it. Like a christmas present in the christmas eve hahahaha... And thank you for posting screen caps of man from stars. By the way i say sorrreyyyy if my english is messy hahahaha sooorreeyyyy (song yi's style to say sorry)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello! happy katrie

    thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. i think these two dramas are currently what's making us smile and feel the romance, right? :))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

[Ep. 20] When a Man Loves Final Episode Screencaps + Short recap + mslee's Final Thoughts

[mslee's thoughts] Ep. 15 & 16 - Secret Final Review

[mslee's thoughts] The King's Face Episode 23 Final Screen caps and Review