[mslee's thoughts] Iron Man / Blade Man Cut By 2 Episodes. Chincha?!




News about Blade Man being cut down by two episodes came late to my notice. I have written my post on Blade Man ep. 16 about having four more episodes to look forward to before it wraps up then seeing in my twitter timeline a reply  that NO I was wrong, it only has 2 episodes left! My reaction...

WAE????!!!! 

Ah, truly and seriously disappointed! I know the rating must be taking it's toll on the producers and the network for having the lowest ratings on their Wed/Thurs time slot against other two dramas but really? I can concede that I love My Spring Days and totally agree that it has a a beautiful yet poignantly love story but then, here is Blade Man who has the opposite kind of plot, definitely refreshing, quirky character that is new and is being acted by a great actor like Lee Dong Wook who is so fit for the role, and the story line is never predictable.

Blade Man has a charisma that grows more and more each episode making few viewers like me love and anticipate the drama. I love many scenes which became memorable like when Hong Bin sniffs Se Dong's scent and their stares which the writer and the PDnim generously made them long stares that can be felt beyond the screen.

I know more have judged this drama according to the synopsis and foolish character even before giving this drama a chance to develop the characters and progress the story. But I believe, as I am watching other rival dramas too, compared to My Lovely Girl, I would re watch Blade Man after it ends sooner than I think and obviously will not have the strength to go 16 episodes again of MLG. Mianhae to the followers of MLG, it is the story and no offense meant to Rain or Krystal. I had hoped for a good comeback for Rain, just disappointed that it was MLG drama. Anyway, I am not bashing, just giving my own opinion.

Now back to Blade Man and it's possible ending, I don't want to think that because it was cut by 2, the writer and the PDnim will hurriedly resort to an ending they think fit the story, setting aside a quality and more great scenes because of lack of time. I do wonder if two episodes this week will tie all the loose knots in the drama. With Tae Hee's appearance which put a strain on Hong Bin and Se Dong's relationship, making the latter unsure and hopefully not fool to give up on Hong Bin, the story needs to give viewers reason to accept the turn of events. 

Ah, I am getting more and more annoyed as I write thinking of the 2 episodes that could have shown great scenes. There are still a lot to solve in the story. the revelation just about came up in the last scene of episode 16, that Butler Yoon was found out by Hong Bin. Who is Butler Yoon, really? Why did she not find her place besides Hong Bin's father and left to be a housekeeper when she has the guts to go against him and fight with the legal wife of the Chairman?

I will surely be missing Se Dong and Hong Bin's cute romance. The innocent yet deep love between them as portrayed by the drama and the characters. And how Se Dong can fit in Hong Bin's world should be answered in the final episode. 

Just as this news about cutting by 2 episodes came, a sense of looming sad ending might surprise me. Please, let it be a happy one. Tae Hee's future is already anticipated though quite sad, still, a bright happy couple must happen between Hong Bin and Se Dong regardless of the blades coming out from his body. Se Dong will protect him, will still his angers and care for him to be more human than half human.

this is mslee1107 ranting

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Ep. 20] When a Man Loves Final Episode Screencaps + Short recap + mslee's Final Thoughts

[mslee's thoughts] Ep. 15 & 16 - Secret Final Review

[mslee's thoughts] The King's Face Episode 23 Final Screen caps and Review